Friday, August 28, 2026

January review

Journal to remember

  1.  I did a lot of thinking about a "book" I was going to write from my collected journals... p. 67 listing teachers of the year; trying to build it into themes; p. 71 trying to make connections; p. 81 thinking about Foucault's work as a guide; p. 83 begin writing it out; 
  2. I also was doing a "100 Best Things" and reviewing the whole year of blogs and journals
  3. p. 72 commenting on "the sinkhole of threads... brain like a bottle of pop, shaken... how do you know what you like while being bombarded with ads and distracted from any sustained thoughts?; hard to turn away from TV... waiting to see the extraordinary
  4. How to stay sane (p 73) make something today, notice things in the world, learn a song, stay connected/share gifts, opt out of the madness
  5. p. 77 come up with new organization of book: On meeting the world, stopping, noticing, questing, being mindful, reflecting, Treating others
  6. on p. 84 new organization of the book: turn of, tun in, engage
  7. continue to do 3 items of grateful and 3 things I'm looking forward to... I begin writing "unrushed day" on each day
  8. begin CSU! project at work -- going through old piles of paper; to make sure it gets done, I do it in the first 30 mins I'm at work, in opening block
  9. I try some poppy tea
  10. p. 65 - check the GTD (see books) also see books on p. 76; begin in earnest "Reports on 3x10s" - garden, projects (3x10s) (microprojects), fermentation, nature, adventures

Blogs to remember

  1. RSS feeds collected
  2. David Byrne throughlines of his work
  3.  Food returns dignity (4)
  4. Sartre  notes, Camus notes, Murdoch (resistance, responding to the plague, inhabited philosophy)
  5. (TBone) Doing things we don't want to do
  6. (Clear) enjoy the endless work
  7. others: Henry IV notes; zen video notes - showing up for what needs doing; DFW interview
  8. decide what matters next and go slow (?) - when you're feeling overwhelmed
  9. Working on "book" -- calling it Flourishing...
  10. Jorie Graham poems; excellent haiku - Now I can see the moon!

No comments:

Post a Comment