Monday, July 13, 2026

Write a 500-Word Essay*Now or Never* Slowmaxxing*


SOICHIRO TOMIOKA (b. 1922, Japanese)
cityscape, oil on canvas, 20 3/4" x 17 3/4", signed lower left, cracklure, linen lined edges of canvas


Write a 500-Word Essay*

From Threads... the organization guy.

I recommend everyone to write a 500-word essay every day.

Literally.

Pick a topic you love and write about it. Without AI. Without templates. Without the feeling that you need to go viral. Just you, your thoughts, and a piece of paper.

It will literally rewire your brain and you'll see the world in a way you never thought was possible.

Now or Never Email Reply*

(from Threads) I keep a "reply now or never" rule for email. If it takes under two minutes, I answer immediately. If it needs more than that, it goes on tomorrow's list with a real time block. Nothing sits in the inbox pretending I'll "get to it later." Later doesn't exist in my inbox. Only now or scheduled.

Slowmaxxing*

from James Clear

You need to be slowmaxxing. You need to be reading long, fat books. You need to be making 48-hour chocolate chip cookies. You need to spend hours watching wildlife, you need to spend 15+ min making your coffee. You need to breathe in and breathe out. You need to be slowwwwwwwwww.

No comments:

Post a Comment