Sunday, September 6, 2026

Madison 10 - Labor Day

 


Top things from Madison trip

  1. West side community farmers market.  This stall sells $30 quart of granola.  Mine's just as good!  Made me think about if I could make some granola to sell.  There's another (Amish) stall that sells $10 pickles.
  2. In a shop Jennie likes, Good Day Shop, this was a little display.  I thought I could make these.  The two pieces slide together.
  3. Same shop -- tiny coasters.  $20 each?  They're pretty.  I imagine that they're just bits of tile... maybe several of them are just cut-apart sections of mosaics.  I thought these might be nice Xmas presents?
  4. Olbrich botanic garden.  lotus flowers growing across the bridge at the newly renovated shrine.
  5. Obrich water feature.  There's a fountain made with a hollowed out tree that water runs through.  They cut the tree into two sections to make a waterfall sound, too.
  6. Sardine restaurant along the lake... we shared the sardine appetizer (very smokey, with capers and on mashed white beans), a cheese plate - delicious, steak frites (very delicious), and a butterscotch pudding (Butterscotch pot de Crème chantilly cream, maple walnut tuile 9). Of the "fancy" restaurants we've gone to, this might be my favorite.
  7. The Book Deal.  Used book shop.  We didn't buy anything... but it's one of the few actual used book shops that I know anymore.
  8. Alice Good Coffee.  Only good vibes from all the people -- workers, shoppers.  Good music.
  9. Cafe Domestique.  The shop in the north side of ithsmus. Big outdoor space - includes space for coffeeshop, brewery (with funny named beer) and Bloom bakery.  I love that idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment