Monday, September 7, 2026

May 2026 journal and blog review

 Things to remember

  • I'm working daily to finish the basement renovation.  From 5/5-5/13 I'm completing 3 rows of flooring a day
  • recipes: when we don't have formal plan: egg scramble, beans and rice
  • lunch with Todd and Larry (Larry gives me "Dave Industries" coffee mug
  • finished 200 daily haikus by 5/6
  •  first "summer learning chart" (p. 30 of journal)
  • Teaching idea: about the tone of the classrom: "voyaging together" (p. 31b)
  • Teaching idea: poetry writing exercise (p. 33)
  • getting tired of writing "3 things you're grateful for" so I make a list of "3s" (p. 32)
  • feel like I'm falling to pieces: headaches, jaw inflamed)
  • 35 pay attention to what you pay attention to...

Blog:
  • Booknotes
    • "Kalender" notes (Affect the quality of the day) - 5/2
    • Mindfulness and the brain - 5/4
    • quotes from The Tempest - 5/6
    • notes from Jeff Tweedy interview - 5/14
    • Homo viator - 5/16
    • 5 TILF George Bataille
  • Interesting ideas
    • someone who skips, woodpecker line-up - 5/3
    • In Our Time archive - 5/13
    • How to make people excited to see you - 5/24 (related to "handles" for conversation)
  • My ideas
    • is there (more) music inside you - 5/7
    • who am I now? husband (created a table) (unfinished) - 5/12
    • 1000 classical songs... began listening to (and writing short response to) songs (prob on headphones) -- goal was 1000... a "song" is a movement.
    • time well spent** thoughtful reflections about "extracting the skeleton" of the fish of the day - 5/17
  • Teaching ideas
    • Such a fantastic world - Thomas Berry sentence - 5/15
    • Sentences on Sonny Rollins and "why this word"? - 5/23
    • Homo Novus  (for Gatsby) - 5/25


No comments:

Post a Comment